skip to Main Content

Request a quote

01444 449200

If you lose your job or can’t work due to sickness

None of us can predict when redundancy, an accident or sickness may strike – but there’s a simple way you can get peace of mind.

Protect more than your mortgage or rental payments

Our Lifestyle Cover insurance is a Short-Term Income Protection insurance policy that runs for 12 months and has to be renewed every year. It can help you to maintain your standard of living if you can’t work due to an accident or sickness or if you become unemployed through no fault of your own (involuntary unemployment).

You could receive up to 65% of your gross monthly income for up to 12 months, protecting more than just your mortgage or rent payments and helping you to meet your other financial commitments.

You can choose from:

  • Accident, Sickness and Unemployment insurance
  • Accident and Sickness only insurance or
  • Unemployment only insurance

To help you decide what level of cover is right for you speak to your advisor.

Eligibility criteria

As with all short term income protection insurance policies there are some restrictions on who can apply for a policy – we explain these in our eligibility criteria. Find out more about our eligibility criteria by speaking to your advisor.

Whether this policy is right for you may depend on your employment type

To understand how our Lifestyle Cover insurance policy could help you, please choose the type of employment below that applies to you.

  • Employed: You’ve an employment contract which has no set end date.
  • Self-employed: You work for yourself, own your own business or own 25% or more of shares in a business.
  • Contract worker: You’ve an employment contract which has a set end date or ends when you have completed a specific task.

If you’re employed or a contract worker, please note we don’t cover ‘zero hour’ contracts, for example, if your employer doesn’t have to provide you with any minimum working hours and you don’t have to accept any of the hours offered.


  • We pay the monthly benefit direct to you.
  • It protects more than just your mortgage or rent payments.
  • You can cover other financial commitments such as: your phone or utility (gas, electricity and water) bills, childcare or gym membership.

These pages are to help you decide what level of cover is right for you, the options you have and other points that you need to consider, before taking out a Lifestyle Cover insurance policy.

How long would I have to wait before receiving my benefit?

When you make a claim, we don’t pay benefits straight away. We call this the deferred period. You can choose a 30, 60, or 90 day deferred period for accident and sickness or unemployment options. You can also have a longer deferred period of 180 days for our accident and sickness insurance.

We’ll work out your claim at a daily rate and pay your benefit to you monthly in arrears (this means every month for the month just gone).

Important information

There are other providers of Short-Term Income Protection and other products designed to protect you against loss of income.

Our Lifestyle Cover insurance typically costs £4.71 a month for every £100 of monthly benefit.

This is based on a 36-year-old customer choosing £850 of accident, sickness and unemployment monthly benefit with claims paid after a 30-day deferred period.

The cost of this insurance depends on a number of factors, such as your age, where you live and your occupation. As a result, the cost you will pay is based on your own circumstances.



Back To Top